Microneedling, also known as Collagen Induction Therapy, is an advanced facial treatment that addresses many skin concerns to achieve overall skin rejuvenation.
The treatment is based on the use of tiny needles to penetrate your skin and stimulate its natural ability to heal itself while producing collagen for youthful-looking skin!
$249 per Session
Or SAVE! Book 3 Sessions Together for $687 ($20 off per session)
Microneedling Promotes Skin Repair & Reduces the Appearance of:
- Acne Scars
- Surgical Scars
- Fine Linkes & Wrinkles
- Enlarged Pores
- Uneven Skin Texture & Tone
The procedure involves using fine needles to create minimally invasive puncture wounds in the top layer of the skin. These tiny wounds trigger the body’s natural healing response to heal these holes, in turn, naturally producing collagen and elastin to tighten and improve the skin’s texture.
The treatment is complete with the application of hyaluronic acid which moisturizes the skin barrier and helps maintain the natural functions in the skin.
Recommended Treatment Course
For the most enhanced results, the recommended course of treatment is 3-5 procedures (depending on the skin) spaced 6 weeks apart
Immediately after the microneedling treatment, your skin will appear red and may experience slight burning, itchy, and/or irritated sensations. These sensations are normal symptoms and will usually persist for no longer than 24-48 hours.
Your skin may also feel dry and tight for up to 48 hours with slight peeling of dead skin. You must apply Hyaluronic Acid provided and avoid any other topical substances during this after-care period. Keep in mind that the micro-wounds caused by the treatment are not healed during this time and are highly sensitive to the penetration of topical substances. This is why topicals made for micro-needling (broken skin barriers), such as Hyaluronic Acid, are used to minimize risks of hypersensitivity and any adverse reactions.
- Avoid sun exposure for at least 72 hours. Sunblock cream can be applied after 48 hours (use sunscreeen everyday!)
- During the first 72 hours post treatment, it is recommended to use Hyaluronic Acid
- For at least three days post treatment, do NOT use any AHAs, BHAs, Retinol (Vitamin A), Vitamin C, or anything perceived as ‘active’ skincare
- During the first 48 hurs, refrain from exercise, saunas, hot tubs, and sun-beds
- Avoid any irritating, unauthorized skincare products for at least 48 hours
- After 24 hours, use a gentle cleanser to cleanse the face for the following 72 hours and gently dry the treated skin
- Avoid touching the skin and only wash with lukewarm water before going to sleep
- Do not take any inflammatory medicines for at least 2 weeks post treatment
- Do not apply any makeup for at least 48 hours after the treatment
HOW IT WORKS
Following facial cleansing, numbing cream is first applied to the entire treatment area for 30 minutes to minimize any discomfort. Then, non-traumatic micro-needles penetrate the skin to different depths, depending on the type of skin. This causes pin-point bleeding (minimal blood droplets), which triggers the body’s spontaneous healing process.
Within minutes of the treatment, the healing process starts as the skin begins to slowly and correctively heal. Cells that specialize in wound healing become active and migrate to the site of the wound and proliferate. Punctured capillaries bring blood platelets, immune cells, and endothelial cells that release growth factors and cytokines. This amplifies the healing process as the area is invaded by these collagen-producing fibroplasts.
After healing, new collagen and elastin forms as the skin becomes stronger with each treatment. In other words, the skin is replaced by new skin with improved structures, firmness, and elasticity while collagen is replenished. In addition, cellular functions are restored and skin cells are reset to their healthy mode of operation. Consequently, microneedling treatments results in healthier and better-looking skin.
PLEASE BE ADVISED:
Due to the minimal invasive nature of the treatment, microneedling is not suitable for those experiencing the following:
- Skin cancer
- Skin diseases: active eczema, psoriasis, & other chronic conditions
- Active acne, rosacea
- Active infections or open wounds
- Injectible fillers or botox, or chemical peel procedures within the last four weeks
- Accutane (will need to wait 6-12 months)
- Patients on blood thinners
- Keloid or raised scars
- History of Actinic or Solar Keratosis
- History of Herpes simplex infections
- History of diabetes
- Fresh sunburn
- Discontinue autoimmune therapies and retinoid products 48 hours prior to beginning treatment
To begin the treatment, each client will need to fill in a consultation form to confirm none of the above apply. If you have a condition not listed, please let your aesthetician know before your first treatment.